- Historical flight data is essential for making sound business decisions about acquiring, selling, and marketing aircraft
- Multiple factors impact the value of an aircraft
- Recency, frequency, and quality of maintenance must be ascertained before acquiring an aircraft
“Real-time” is a popular buzz phrase. But there are limits to the utility of real-time flight data, especially when you’re trying to understand the value and marketability of an aircraft.
Historical flight data, on the other hand, can shed light on the pedigree and economic value of an aircraft, which is important when making decisions about the acquisition, sale, and marketing of aircraft. That is why JETNET specializes in collecting, analyzing, and providing historical data on the world’s fleet of business aircraft.
You can infer a lot about the value of an aircraft just by examining historical information about its maintenance lifecycle, where it's based, and how it’s flown. For example:
- Aircraft based in regions with poor air quality are more likely to suffer corrosion than aircraft based in regions with good air quality.
- Aircraft used for multiple short hops are more likely to experience landing gear issues than aircraft used for longer-range flights.
There are dozens of additional factors to consider when setting or estimating the value of an aircraft. One key determinant of value is frequency and quality of maintenance. Another is knowing when an aircraft’s next major overhaul is due. It’s helpful, of course, to also know whether an aircraft has been parked outside or inside a hangar.
At best, real-time flight data offers fragmentary information — a snapshot view revealing little about the value and provenance of an aircraft. Whether you’re planning to purchase, lease, charter, or resell an aircraft, historical data is indispensable.
JETNET maintains the world’s most comprehensive and granular database of actionable business aviation information. Our ability to collect, analyze and disseminate highly relevant business aviation data is unmatched. Visit us at JETNET.com to learn how we can help you make better business decisions by leveraging the power of world-class data and unbiased market intelligence.